From Fruittyville with Love
From Fruittyville
I once went to visit a dear friend in a local mental health facility, in the visiting hours of the psych ward.
I found myself in the company of great actors and actresses each playing a different part unto themselves, even me. I was inadvertently cast as a member of an audience without knowing or having a screen actors guild card. Only there and only there I found myself to be totally committed to this avant garde theater in the loft around me.
I wanted to leave, at intermission for a smoke but being extremely curious, and as there was way too much happening around me to dismiss this theater so I didn’t leave, and stayed past the visiting hours.
For the so-called sane who came in to see their favorite actors, it was like an alcoholic anonymous meeting without the long and short testimonials; like my name is Pluto I am not crazy but they call me “ little Lil psychotico.”
It was truly a scene out of, off, off, off broadway show from the stage of humane landscape of people from Fruittyville.
You may all sleep well tonight, in the comfort of that knowledge that there is a safety net for folks like you and me; who have gotten off one stage in life and stepped on to another. “What is normal?”
To the demented among us there is hardly a difference till they get caught in the butterfly net.
When they were born, they were all normal but when life was done with them; their minds went to the circus in the round without the park, in NYC .
Are you talking to me Mr. Joe ? Are you the director ,actor, or the creator ?or just acting out your fantasy of being in show business. Did they name a bench in your name anywhere in NYC in any park, we are all fading memories of a generation that never saw us or ever heard of us.
But this unclaimed park bench is mine as it is not a bench but a tree stump.
Comments
Post a Comment